Monday 20 May 2013

Specialized Fate

I have made the switch from a 26er full suspension to a 29er hard tail. It is not easy to find a 29er that fits correctly when you are 4 11". However, when I came across the Specialized Fate's women's specific geometry and test drove the bike I knew it would be a great fit. I did a custom build with the Fate Comp frame, 2 x 10 XX drive train, Sid XX World Cup Fork, XTR brakes, and Specialized Fast Trak Control 2.2 tires. 

I went to Speed Matrix last week to have the bike fitted. Spencer spent a lot of time on my cleat position as well as getting the front end of the bike in a good position. Coming from a 26er the bike is quite a bit different so we were playing around with the stem length and angle. He got it dialled in and I have ordered the S-Works CLP multi stem to get in the ideal position.

Last week I got some good miles in on the bike. Of course it took a few rides to get used to the bike but right away I loved it. The descents and road sections were notably faster. I am getting in tune with how it climbs and it certainly rolls over roots well. I look forward to putting the bike to the test at the Spokane 24 hour Round and Round race this coming weekend.


Thank you to Specialized Canada for sponsoring me this year and to Bow Cycle for all their support.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment